• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

530J unlockable yet?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Foxie3a

Normal Member
I've been out of the loop for a while, but I remember hearing conflicting reports about people being able to use the 14x bus ratio with their 530J using the P5WD2 and a certain BIOS revision.

After all of this time I would think it's clear what can and what can't make the 14x bus ratio usable.

I plan on buying an Asus P5WD2 Premium in about a month. If Abit's board can go to 14x while the Asus can't, I'll go with Abit. If they both can't, I'll go with whichever is the better board. Before Asus had the better board, but Abit is always late, have they caught up?

I remember I had a screwy P5AD2 for about a day. I ran it at stock at first, but it was giving me problems the entire time, like turning on for a second, then off then on again. Before I took it out I overclocked it and it ran just fine at 15x275, didn't even try higher(of course the original problems remained). If the P5WD2 allows 14x I'll hit 300 FSB for the first time, which will definately be exciting, especially since my RAM is rated at 333 FSB. Even though this system is getting dated, it would be pretty damn nice at 300x14.

On a side note, has anyone enabled SLI on the P5WD2 yet? It doesn't matter to me since I won't be using SLI, but I'm just curious.

Thanks for the news flash guys. :)

Doesn't anyone know if the 530J can run at 14x on a P5WD2?

My P5WD2 will run my 650 and 830 at 14x without any problems. I don't see why a 530 wouldn't work.

Back