• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who has windos 64 bit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
From what I've used of it, I'd say no. If you already have XP you won't get enough of a peroformance boost to make it worth the extra couple hundred bucks it costs.

my dad has it and he hates it. he's constantly complaining about program incompatibilities and how he can't use the new direct x.

i dont think ima mess with it becuase i saw that like a few months ago and 2 lazy to find the trial again and really i hear badd stuff so screw it i dont whanna go through that pain :(

bri1 said:
i dont think ima mess with it becuase i saw that like a few months ago and 2 lazy to find the trial again and really i hear badd stuff so screw it i dont whanna go through that pain :(

Stay away from it, my friend had massive problems with it and his RAID driver support... In 6 more months 64 bit drivers will be much more standard with the release of VISTA.

I'm using the trial right now and honestly I havent had too many problems. Driver support is a little spotty still, so make sure you check for support before switching over. I say give it a try.

As there is a free trial. there is no reasno not to give it a go. But i aggree with 5I*42. Make a new partition, or buy a cheap hard disk to install onto. I ran it for about a month before uninstalling.

Back