• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP, no post DIED while gaming!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rumrunner

I don't know whats going on, I had jsut finished my new build and got it up and running, ran a couple benchmarks. Then I loaded up Far cry, turned everything on High, then a few moments after I started, I jsut got a black screen with nothing but fans spinning. No sound, no video. I tried clearing the cmos but no help of course, I was not even overclocking. I don't even no where to start. The system is everything below but with an amd x2, asus a8n sli, and 7800gt. What do you guys think any help would be great. If you think my mobo is fried just come out and say it because I am in denial here.

Last edited:
if its not posting even after a (long, i hope) cmos reset, and it was a random balck screen and nothing more, id say yes.. your mobo is the first thing i woudl think of. sounds silly, but its happened to me before, i fixed this by swapping ram sticks out and replacing them. im guessing it didnt like the slot.. im just giving you ideas though, sorry if they dont help.. but good luck!

Careface*

I dont even get a post beep. If it was the video card or cpu, wouldnt i at loeast get a beep?

I found out the PSU took a crap. luckily I have another one and Im glad it wasnt the motherboard. Thanks guys.

I was about to suggest switching up your PSU for testing but you already figured it out. Glad to hear :D

lol i was going to suggest it too, but then i realised that the fans were still spinning.. what was wrong with the PSU btw? was it just not suppling enough juice orr..?

Careface*

Yeah it took me for a loop there, I don't exactly know, but I am guessing it's an internal component that supplies the 5volt channel?

Back