• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Cant Decide On Which Mb To Get!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wrangler88

im having a very hard time trying to decide on what to get... i currently have an abit as8 with an intel 640 @4GHZ, which is fine, im looking to replace the mb with an asus p5wd2 premium, in hopes to hit over 4ghz, also planning on getting a 7800gt and other niftys but my question is, im tryin gto get some stuff for christmas, ,but should i wait for the 975 chipsets to come out or will the 955's be ok, i want to be able to use the presler cores in the future if they are as good as they say they will.... or should i wait... THANKS!

i'd say wait for 65nm chips and i975x (if for no other reason then to see how they overclock). chances are the p5wd2 won't be able to take you 640 any higher than the as8.

well my problem with the as8 is, my 640 will do 4 ghz on stock voltage, this is my second 640, the first one did 4ghz at 1.55 volts, but nither of them will go over 4ghz, no matter how much voltage i put into either of them they die at anything over 4ghz, so im assuming that since the one will do 4ghz on stock its the board, ,itll post of up 4.4ghz but isnt prime stable but i think it may be the limit of my ram and the board .plus i just like new stuff! :cool:

The P5WD2-p is such a good board, you won't be losing out on anything if you get it. If the newer boards come out and you want one, you won't have issues selling your board, for the same reason.

Back