• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can you recoomend a good PSU for my OC'd system????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

M Diddy

Right now I'm running a Thermaltake TR-2 500W PSU. I bought it not really knowing anything about PSU's and now am wondering if I rushed the purchase. System specs are in my sig. I'm not looking to spend more then 100.00 so just wondering what some good options are for my OC'd rig....

The TR2 is not bad. If it's working fine, there's no need to change. It's not recommended for Intel overclocking to use dual +12v rails but it's fine as long as you don't do SLI and heavy overclocking.

As for options, you're pretty limited by the price. Sparkle/Fortron FSP550-60PLG is good for non-SLI.

I'd look at the Antec TruePower II EPS12v 550w ($99 at newegg.com). It should do fine for your setup.

The reason I'm asking is because I'm fairly decently OC'd at a 267 MHz FSB, and have benn having issues when OCing my Radeon x1800XL. When playing Quake IV, I'm been having the Vid card feeze up and shut down on me causing me to have to reboot the PC.

What's the cheapest place to get the OCZ powerstream?? Also, is it possible to get it with a blue LED????

Back