• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Odd problem... won't power on with certain CPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cheator

my board doesn't want to power on anymore when my optheron is in. But it seems to power on fine when my winchester is in it.

Anyone hav this issue? I mean its TERRIBLY odd! And the opteron works great in my other s939 board.

If I were you i would put in the winchester and update to the most recent bios, I beleive I read somewhere that you need the most recent bios in order for the opteron's to work. Let me know how it goes and good luck :beer:

Cheator said:
Its fairly new. I can try thel atest but it doesn't even power on. Could the bios do that?

The board might be new to you, but the bios it uses could be old... And yes, bios version has a lot to do with processor compatibility. I don't know how that applies to your situation specifically, but in general bios updates can improve processor compatibility.

I.M.O.G. said:
The board might be new to you, but the bios it uses could be old... And yes, bios version has a lot to do with processor compatibility. I don't know how that applies to your situation specifically, but in general bios updates can improve processor compatibility.

I am quite aware of that. However, it doesn't usually prevent the board from powering on. IK am RMAing the board, as it doesn't even boot up properly with my 3200 winchester in it.

Back