• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quietest Panaflow Model?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nickdeveau

Like the title says what is the quietest Panaflow model here of them all? I a going to be undervolting so it will be running between 5 and 9 at all times. Thanks. If there are other 120's that are even quieter and move the same or more air id be happy to hear of them also.

Its one of the quietest Panaflos of that size, but I don't understand making it permanently run at 7 or 5 volts...there are times when you might need the extra air flow to keep your rig running, particularly in hot weather. You might be better served using a rheostat to control fan speed.

stool said:
Its one of the quietest Panaflos of that size, but I don't understand making it permanently run at 7 or 5 volts...there are times when you might need the extra air flow to keep your rig running, particularly in hot weather. You might be better served using a rheostat to control fan speed.
Well, I guess if you already know that 7v will be enough cooling for anything you will ever be doing, then it's ok. Otherwise a fan speed controller of some kind would work well. For your particular case Nick, you might want to look into a simple toggle switch that makes it 7v in one position and full 12v in the other. Kindof like the two switches on the right side of the Zalman fan controller.

Back