• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x800 pro stuck on oc...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stefanoda

hi everybody.. I've been owning my ati x800 pro for almost 2 years now and have been running it at stock speed since day 1. Lately i got fed up of sluggish bf2 performances with it, so i decided to try a little overclocking it.. i can go to 537gpu/529 ram fairly easy with the latest omega drivers, with temps in the 45ish range while playing bf2 or testing with 3dmark05 (stock cooling + 2 80mm fans blowing directly over the card). i also overclocked my system, a P4c 3.2ghz running now 232 cpu/416 fsb (2.5/3/3/8) still on air cooling (6 fans inside the case) but with a coolermaster aquagate waiting to be installed. Now, my x800 pro can keep a low enough temp, and i get no artifacts with ati tools, but when i play bf2 i get corrupted textures sometimes (just small blue patches here and there, nothing major..) the question is: given i have low temperatures while under load, why do i get the corrupted textures? also, i can't seem to get higher oc values even if i have low temps.. same holds true for my cpu/ram combo, i have nice low temps in the 50ish under load but if i speed up the oc the system becomes unstable... i tried raising the cpu and ram voltage (+7.5% and + 0.1v on my gigabyte mobo) but still no joy... help...

raising cpu and ram voltages will not help you at all

Most likely the overclocks for BF2 are too high. ATItool is not 100% accurate in detecing what the max clocks for your card is.

I would recommend fidinng each max stable OC for the application you want to use it for. SOunds tedious but will give to the best results.

Frist only test the max CPU clocks, once you found that stable clock - go back a tad bit on it and go to memory etc. Same with your ATI card - look first only for core clocks, tehn indivudally ram clocks etc.

Good luck tweaking

so you're saying i oced my ati too high? even if i get no artifacts at all and get low temps? how do the other guys in this forums get higher oc values than mine then, without having issues? I thought the first barrier you encounter while ocing is high temps that reduce stability.. but i don't have those... i'm confused..

it's hard too say - what are the max core clocks that ATItool find max give you?
Different games might artifact much earleir , much much later. There is no real sience.

As far as your clocks go - they really sound kinda low - is this an AGP or PCI-E card?

Every card overclocks differently - sometimes it's just bad luck to own a poor clocker

Back