• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New FSP - PSU (with pics)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

masakabassist

After many weeks debating with myself if I could afford a new PSU I decided yes. My old PSU was crap! It came with my case and all it presented apart from itself were problems. Its main speciality's were voltage droops and causing lock ups.

After countless threads on the forums (to all that have replied to my threads in the past CHEERS!) and hours of searching on the internet I found the FSP Bluestorm 400w! With high efficiency, stability and it nearing silence this was perfect! So I place my order.

I couldn't wait to get this little beast, then yesterday afternoon it turned up in all its splendor...Problem I have work in 1 1/2hrs and so I left it until I got home. At 9:30pm out came the screw driver and with that my old PSU. 20Min's later everything is up and running. Fantastic! I even got a 100MHz increase in overclock which is even stable! Far more than can be said for the old PSU. From all the good that has been said about Fortron PSU's they are definitely worth their money.

Attachments

• old psu in case.JPG
    old psu in case.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 112
  • new fsp in case.JPG
    new fsp in case.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 118
  • boxed FSP.JPG
    boxed FSP.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 102
  • could do with some wire management.JPG
    could do with some wire management.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 97
  • worst psu ever.JPG
    worst psu ever.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 106
I'm thinking of doing that myself. It's time to buy a decent PSU!
Congrats for your great FPS :)

There are hardly any voltage droops now, the 3.3v is back as it should, but there is a slight droop of about .02v on the Vcore which I have a feeling has to do with the Mosfets on the motherboard.

congratz to the new psu. :D
haha i like that worst psu ever pic. its just amusing :D

I love these FSP units! Their units that are even less expensive than the 400w Blue Storm are great too! All around.. you can't beat the quality for the price. You chose wisely. :D

I bought a 350w FSP 350-60BN-S w/a very heavy 5v rail for my old Athlon 1.2Ghz system. Solid as a rock where a 1.5 year old Antec TruePower 430w unit wouldn't power the system. I will continue to buy Antec chassis... but never another Antec PSU.

Also have two AX500-A Blue Storms... wouldn't trade them for anything but a PCP&C or possibly an OCZ.

Grats on the new PSU! :clap:

Cullam3n said:
Why are you using the 24-->20 adapter? Just slide the last 4 pins off.

The 400w that I have doesn't have the removable 4pins, it came with the 24-to-20 pin adapter. It's possible that they received the same type of unit as well.

Back