• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flash BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

a1onso

Registered
Anyone know if i can flash my BIOS with a cd because I have no floppy drive.

It would be best not to flash from a cdrom drive because you would want to avoid having any device drivers running when you make the flash.

I'd invest in 10 $ and get a floppy.

if you're running win 98 you could press f8 and choose dos prompt only. Then flash from a directory on the hard drive. That might be an idea.

Just becareful. bad flashing can kill your mobo

I always boot from a floppy, then flash from the HDD. The last time I flashed from a floppy I wound up buying a new bios chip. :) Ever since then I just put the bin file on my C: and flash from there.

Fiz

I think somethings wrong with the floppy connector or motherboard because everytime I hook up a floppy, it doesnt respond. Oh and I can't boot to dos because i have windows 2k.

pin two is missing on floppy drives and the cable has pin one at the red side so it is pretty straight forward.

Back