• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asrock X670E Taichi Latest AGESA 1.0.0.7 BIOS does 7200 XMP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
looks like they did the same for the b650e taichi as well but i think i am the only one on the planet that bought it

i'm still going to hold off though

I hope it's not doing anything funky with the SOC voltages behind the scenes.

Now I'm interested, as nothing past 6600 was even booting on earlier versions. I wonder if they unlocked asynchronous ratios or something else. I mean, if it's something like DDR4 at 4000+ or full performance without IMC/IF limitations.
I have an ADATA DDR5-7200, which for unknown reasons, has been on the market for a couple of months and has a 7200 EXPO profile. I have no idea how they could even test it when there was no motherboard officially supporting more than 6400. I actually have 2 similar kits (one regular Lancer and one Mera Edition, but it's the same under heatsinks), and one wasn't tested yet.

I guess I missed the new BIOS, as I'm using ASUS motherboards for tests, and there was no BIOS a few days ago. I have ASRock B650E PG-ITX in the box somewhere, and I was thinking of selling it. I see that yesterday was released a new BIOS for this mobo with AGESA 1.0.0.7b.

I see there are new betas for ASUS mobos released yesterday:
I can't find a more detailed description, so I'm not sure if they support higher RAM. There is a list of other new options in the link. I'm not sure if anything really helpful.

Little update. I had a limited time, but here is 8000 (at standard timings and most at auto) on ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene and beta BIOS 1514 with AGESA 1.0.0.7b
This ADATA RAM has EXPO 7200 profile, but it doesn't work until I unlock the 1:2 ratio in AMD overclocking tab (the regular AMD OC tab, which is available on pretty much every AMD mobo)

8k_amd.jpg

So as I expected, AMD unlocked the 1:2 IF/IMC ratio, and it works the same as on DDR4-4000+ (Gear 2 or whatever anyone is calling that). The frequency helps with bandwidth and latency, but there is a latency hit, and I assume at DDR5-8000 it will be at least 10ns worse than at DDR5-6000 and tighter (even CL30/32 EXPO) timings - something like DDR4-3600 1:1 vs DDR4-4800 1:2 on earlier chipsets.

With this scaling, maybe 8800+ will show better performance, but at least I couldn't make it boot at 8200+ while 8000 was training, booting, and passing these simple tests without issues.

I will check ASRock B650E PG-ITX with Ryzen 7600 soon, as for some unknown reason, I got delidding tool when I don't really need it. Since I have it, then I will check how much I can lower temps on Ryzen 7600, and I have to check if Noctua NH-L9a will fit without IHS ( I may only need washers, but I didn't try yet).

Last edited:
I was thinking about it, but today I tested the NH-L9a, and it won't fit (1-1.5mm gap in the best-case scenario). There is no mounting kit available for this cooler. I'm not decided what to use, but I guess it will be AIO as it's the easiest for the installation, and I have two of them, barely used. I don't want to spend over $100 for a cooler with proper mounting. I still wish for something small, as Ryzen 7600 runs at ~80W, even overclocked to 5.3GHz.
One more option would be NH-P1 and run it passively, but if I'm right, there is no mounting kit for this cooler, too (I haven't seen it on the compatibility list, but maybe I missed something).

Last edited:
I am tempted but im quite lazy and over worked lately to be reconfiguring a bios for a day or so fixing my clocks etc.

About the same story here. No time and I don't want to touch my daily PC. I still wish to check if I can set 8k dual-rank at tighter timings and maybe some other things, but first I have some reviews in the queue.

I had some time today, and I checked the new ASUS BIOS. I don't know what they changed in training or performance optimizations as there are no update notes other than for the last beta, but I was able to run at about 95/100/90GB/s (read/write/copy) and 55ns latency, at 8000 CL36-47-47 and auto sub timings. I still can't make it to even boot at 8200 (2x or 3x error codes like the IMC simply couldn't do more, but maybe I'm missing something). 8000 seems pretty stable. I will try to check it on the ASRock motherboard and a different CPU ... once I figure out how to install any cooler that I have. The CPU is without IHS and most mounting kits are designed to fit regular CPUs, but without IHS, there is a clear gap.
No screenshots, as it looks pretty bad.
The only thing I see that ASUS corrected is automatical switching to a 1:2 ratio when the memory clock is too high, so it's not required to go to the AMD OC tab anymore and do that manually.

95/100/90GB/s (read/write/copy) and 55ns latency,
Hows your 7600X do on that ? still crippled?

I have 7600 (nonX), and it has worse results just because there are fewer cores and lower clocks, and AIDA64 is performing multithreaded tests. Results are around 10GB/s worse, but latency shouldn't be much different.
I had enough before I even started tests on ASRock B650E PG-ITX. My motherboard is a pain to work with. Each training takes a couple of minutes. Literally, I save settings and wait for 5-7 minutes so it boots the first time. Each time I have no idea if it works or not as LEDs are not showing that, and there is no diagnostic display. It also doesn't work with a 2x32GB kit at EXPO settings, and it's only 6000. It boots at manual settings up to 7000+, but it couldn't even pass AIDA64, so I have no results. The same kit works fine on ASUS Strix B650E-I Gaming, but it's my daily driver that runs 24/7, and I had no time to test something more.

My Ryzen 7600 is delidded and I had big problems finding any cooler that will work without the CPU's IHS. I installed the Alphacool block and connected the custom wc loop, but I put it inside the SSUPD case which has a broken riser. These cases are highly overrated. In short, it's junk, and I have had enough of it. The second generation and the list of design flaws is quite long. I also heard that other reviewers had broken PCIe risers too. I have to move everything somewhere else, but I guess I will install the Noctua cooler once the kit for delidded CPUs arrives.
I may also delid one more CPU, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. Temps are +/- 12°C lower, and I'm using Alphacool TIM, so not even liquid metal (I dislike this stuff for various reasons). However, it gives me nothing in gaming or daily work. The CPU overclocks about the same, and it maybe keeps a higher frequency for longer, but I can't really see it out of some benchmarks.

Edit:
Ryzen 7600@stock, ASUS Strix B650E-I, 2x32GB (dual-rank) Kingston / Hynix A @8000 cl38, all sub-timings at auto except for refi, which is at 65k
Results are a bit better than 6200 cl30 with G.Skill EXPO 6000 CL30 profile.

8k64g.jpg

Last edited:
G.Skill 2x24GB DDR5-7600 runs fine at XMP on ASRock B650E PG-ITX. It passed the 2h stability test. 8000 is benchable, but so far I can't make it run in a stability test for even a couple of minutes.

8000 CL38-48-48 passed 1h stability test but at auto sub-timings and 1.5V. TRFC is over 1620. At XMP is 1559, but it was crashing. When I set the 8200 memory clock then it doesn't even start training.
This ASRock motherboard is annoying. When there is no load then the coil whine is terrible. What's weird, under load I can't hear it at all. Usually, it's otherwise.

Last edited:
I don't know if all ASRock AM5 motherboards have it, but a few days ago, there was a BIOS update with info:
"Optimize XMP/EXPO boot time."
I'm not sure if it works, but it would be nice, as training and cold boot take way too long on ASRock mobos. I want to check how the B650E PG-ITX works now, as it was fine but not great.

I also noticed I can install Noctua coolers with offset mount on the B650E PG-ITX, while it doesn't fit the ASUS X670E Gene mobo. Even though there is a very tall M.2 heatsink, there was still about 5 mm of space when I installed NH-U12A.

Your right, sometimes you don't know if the memory settings failed or if it's just going to train for 5min.
I went to hit the power button more than once and just before I did it booted up.

Available for the X670E Steel legend.

It works faster on the B650E PG ITX mobo. I have standard Crucial 2x48GB DDR5-5600 in tests right now. I'm not expecting great performance, but I'm curious how high it will go. So far it's 6200 at XMP/EXPO CL46 and 1.10V ... 85ns in AIDA64 after OC :)

My saved profiles never work after bios updates so maybe I'll try it later lol.
Why can't they just fix that.

Saved profiles never work after a BIOS update. The same is on ASUS or Gigabyte. ASUS is clearing the list in the last generation, so you can't even try to load it. A different code causes issues. Some years ago, when profiles were still listed after an update, I had the wrong values after loading profiles from different BIOS versions.

It's a bit weird, but the last BIOS update fixed the coil whine in idle on my ASRock B650E PG ITX. It also caused training and boot times to be shorter. These were the two most annoying things in this motherboard.

Edit:
New ASUS BIOS has this in the description:
"Update AGESA version to Combo AM5 PI 1.0.8.0 to support upcoming CPU."
I think it will be APU.

Last edited:
New bios broke my 1GB NIC.
Enabled in bios not available in W11 - not visible in HW manager either. heh. 2.5gb Nic is fine though.
I'll try a reflash later.
Only using the 1gb Nic for Hyper-V /VM - Linux test rig anyways. still an issue is an issue.

Back