• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asrock X670E Taichi Latest AGESA 1.0.0.7 BIOS does 7200 XMP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Maybe not ASRock but I noticed that Gigabyte released 1.1.0.0 AGESA today. The last official BIOS was F7; the last beta BIOS was F8d ... they released the F8 final and F20a beta today. It's weird how they skipped everything between F8 and F20. There wasn't even any beta published.
Btw. GB X670E and B650E mobos run with RAM at 8000 XMP without problems.

gbb.jpg

Putting that on the X670E Extreme now for that 7950X testing....

When I got it, it had F11d on it (nowhere to be found) from September, yet the bios was from july, like F7 above.

F8 and F20a BIOS for B650E Master look better. The design is clearly changed, but almost everything is in the same place. Worse is that Gigabyte has locked VDD/VDDQ voltage at 1.43V, and I'm not sure if they will unlock it in any official version. It's still enough to run 2x16/2x24GB Hynix kits at 8000, but tight timings or pushing higher is a problem.
Both new versions (even though two different AGESA) seem to have improved 8000 RAM support. It's training faster and feels easier to stabilize.

ok so strange, the link i posted on the first page for the 650e taichi is going some place else and when you go to the us site and punch it in i get the listing for the 1.1.0.0 bios that was released on the 7th.

really bums me out because i literally had 3 days to mess around with the new bios and i am just now finding this:

These dates are always weird. Gigabyte BIOS has dates 8 and 10 of Nov. Both were published on the same day last Saturday. I still don't know how they skipped 11 official releases. ASUS always publishes BIOS that has a couple of days already, and they don't publish betas (unless it's a critical issue fix). Somehow good that ASRock publishes betas for some motherboards (mainly high models like Taichi).
I'm unsure if AGESA 1.1.0.0 is changing anything besides the APU support. APUs that (if I'm right) won't be in stores for the next two months.

I'm unsure if AGESA 1.1.0.0 is changing anything besides the APU support. APUs that (if I'm right) won't be in stores for the next two months.
That's all I've heard so far too (APU support). I haven't seen a site mention anything else either (but who really knows, lol). Yeah, now that we're seeing support, they should be out early 1Q 2024.... It will likely be shown off at CES in a few weeks (so close!!!).

1.1.0.0. is installed its much quicker than i expected, plus the memory stability is a huge win. SOC voltage is capped correctly but i still dont trust it and manually set it to what i had before at 1.245. I might get eager and try any lower it tomorrow

So far i am working at 6600 32-38-38-104 141
That Tras and Trc are a bit higher than before but i also just turned on the XMP profile, booted and then bumped it another level to 6600. I took pics of my settings before i updated so i can compare between both bios versions and fine tune, i think in general my timings are going to drop. the back up thing did not work as it should have, frankly it never does

Also infinity fabric before caused issues at 2067 and this time around i am up to 2133 and am noticing some improvements in load times and overall smoothness.
Its not something i want to push much further right now but its something of note, seems like there might be a slight bottleneck there in my system, or just in general.

Back