• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Discolored tubing, don't feel like replacing, bleach?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mekanic

Registered
Wondering if anyone has tried this, don't know how it would effect the pumps, lmk :)

Last edited:
when WW gooked my clear tubes up i made like a gun cleaner
little rag on end of clothes hanger and ran it in and out of tubes to clen gook off sides

I switched to DD Blue UV Tygon and run GM Dex Cool Prestone

IMAG0027.JPG

thats an idea. But if I'm gonna pull them off I'll just replace lol. Basicly I don't feel like tearing down and draining my system just cause the tubing is a little discolored. So am trying to find an easy way out.......although being watercooling...there never is an "easy" way :p

bleach is a bad idea for systems, at least in the quanities you're suggesting to perhaps remove the sediment from your tubing.

What corrosion inhibitor are you running? Cleaning the insides of the tubes may be your only choice although it doesnt seem like you are affected that much by the cloud with 25/30 temps

I can't imagine that would be healthy for the components in your system. And if you wanna clean them with a rag, I can't see it being done without disassembling anyway. If the looks matter that much to ya, I say drop the whole $10 and spend some time replacing your lines.

awesome, thanks a bunch :) its not really sediment or anything like that, just like the tubing is stained from the coolant that was used before. No biggy though. My temps are great (just got done playing BF2 for 5 hours and never got above 31*). SO..I'm just gonna deal with it :)

Back