• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bent CPU Pin = Bad Memory Controller?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Capt_Caveman

Hi All,

Okay, kind of a long story so I'll try and shorten it up. My mobo's nf4 chipset died, so I rma'd my board. When uninstalling my cpu, I ended-up bending a pin. I straightened it out and waited for a new mobo to come.

1. CPU and RMA Mobo #1 - system will only post w/ memory in dimm slots B1 and B2(single channel, 2T), any attempts to change memory settings results in no post. RMA'd board

2. CPU and RMA Mobo #2 - system will only post w/ memory in dimm slot B1. I bought new memory, still same issues. However, with only one dimm slot, I can run at 1T and overclock my memory /out issues. Waiting for RMA Mobo #3

3. Buy a new mobo and install CPU - back to same issues as number 1. Dimm slots B1 and B2 work(single channel, 2T)

Thus, I have ruled the motherboard out. Can this be a PSU issue? Or more than likely, I messed the memory controller on the cpu w/ the bent pin?

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

hMm....that's a tough one ....i just got my opty for xmas in the mail from my mom.....about 30 pins were extremely bent ....i bent them all back into place with a mechanical pencil and a knife ....mine works perfectly fine.....you may have gotten that one crucial pin bent or when you put it in it broke off or something ... (tried counting the pins ??) i know that's a crap load of work ..but you never know ....anything other than that, im stumped

Back