• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Barton 2500+, restart becoz of std Vcore?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bverkino

Registered
Guys,
My barton 2500+ can not go with its standard clock of 1.65V.. Unless I give it 1.75V or up, it can run smooth. But after I ran Prime for testing, the temperature reach 50C. My question :
1. Why my barton can not accept its normal standard Vcore? is it because of the PSU? or the processor it self..?
2. Is it normal to have 50C for 2500+ to run in its standard clock?
3. My 2500+ has several chunk/chip on several point of its edge. Do this have anything to do with poin 1 and 2 above?

please, any help would highly appreciate.. thank tou..

what kind of motherboard do you have? 50c doesn't sound too bad for full load, especially on 1.75vcore and if you are using stock cooling.

are the chunks/chips on the edge of the green (or yellow) circuit board part of the chip or are they on the die (raised metal in the center) itself? i would think that as long as the computer runs with that processor and more importantly it is able to prime (even with increased heat) the processor is fine. my initial guess would be the motherboard but more info is needed.

benbaked said:
what kind of motherboard do you have? 50c doesn't sound too bad for full load, especially on 1.75vcore and if you are using stock cooling.

are the chunks/chips on the edge of the green (or yellow) circuit board part of the chip or are they on the die (raised metal in the center) itself? i would think that as long as the computer runs with that processor and more importantly it is able to prime (even with increased heat) the processor is fine. my initial guess would be the motherboard but more info is needed.

Temporary I use Asus A7V600, very bad mobo i say.. no pci/agp lock for instance. that's why I wish to build a new rig w/ abit an7. Temporary the processor is placed on the A7V600.
the chunks is right on the edge of the core, the raised metal in the center. But like my story above, I still dont understand why this barton can not accept its standard vcore.. ah yes, for additional info my psu vrail is below :
5V - 4.8 V
3.3V - 2.7 V
12 V - 12,24 V

Back