• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gskill ES PC4000 2GB kit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ankun

Bought it from newegg for $200.. the sticks I got are pretty crappy. They will not run ANY faster than stock and any tighter than stock. I guess you get what you pay for, etc, etc. I heard of people getting quite a bit better outta these.

I nearly RMA'd them because I was having a ton of issues with them, until I noticed timings were set at 3-3-3-8. I just laughed and figured I'd try setting them at 3-4-4-8. Couldnt believe that they wouldnt run very slighty tighter timings than stock. Oh well. :(

Just figured I'd throw that out there for any prospective buyers of this ram. If you want a 2GB kit that will OC you might wait a while and hope for a better batch, if you want a cheap 2GB kit that runs at what it is rated to do then go for em :)

Its not that big a deal to me really, and I've only got PC2100 ram left as I sold my other PC4000 stuff to my bro this week. Dont really feel like dealing with slow ram pending new ones coming :)

I dont really MIND running at 2.5ghz but I'd liek to be able to run at 2.7 or 2.8 like before :D GUess I'll have to use a divider.

Hey at least you didn't hit the DOA lottery like I just did...I have been spending the last 3 hours messing with this PC4000 HX Gskill kit. One stick functions at stock settings, the other won't post in any dimm slot. Yeah for me...it has been less than 6 months since my DOA speakers and less than one month since my tampered with opteron 148. All from Newegg...

Then I had cold boot issues for the first time with my VX...but that has been resolved. I think I am going to try again with the Gskill...and this really will be my final Newegg purchase. Could you post a screenshot of Sandra memory bandwidth? Thanks.

Man that is depressing, I would have assumed your sticks would take you to at least 265fsb. I wonder if you have a semi defective pair, might what to contact G.Skill. Samsung UCC is supposed to be good for far more than 250mhz.

I bought my Gskill 2 gig kit two weeks ago, I must say, I'm pleased with the results I've got so far.
1:1 /259.4 FSB /3-4-4-8 /2.65v /28c idle 34c load
P4 3.2E0 @ 4.15
Bus speed 1037.5mhz
Not the best, but good numbers for a noob like me.
Yes I would like tighter timings but
6188 MB/s Int Buff'd and 6187 MB/s Float Buff'd
don't seem to shabby to me.

RIG RIDER said:
I bought my Gskill 2 gig kit two weeks ago, I must say, I'm pleased with the results I've got so far.
1:1 /259.4 FSB /3-4-4-8 /2.65v /28c idle 34c load
P4 3.2E0 @ 4.15
Bus speed 1037.5mhz
Not the best, but good numbers for a noob like me.
Yes I would like tighter timings but
6188 MB/s Int Buff'd and 6187 MB/s Float Buff'd
don't seem to shabby to me.

I got the same thing basicially. My kit will run 260 FSB w/o a hitch, but once I go for 265 they crap out on me.

Ankun said:
Bought it from newegg for $200.. the sticks I got are pretty crappy. They will not run ANY faster than stock and any tighter than stock. I guess you get what you pay for, etc, etc. I heard of people getting quite a bit better outta these.

I nearly RMA'd them because I was having a ton of issues with them, until I noticed timings were set at 3-3-3-8. I just laughed and figured I'd try setting them at 3-4-4-8. Couldnt believe that they wouldnt run very slighty tighter timings than stock. Oh well. :(

Just figured I'd throw that out there for any prospective buyers of this ram. If you want a 2GB kit that will OC you might wait a while and hope for a better batch, if you want a cheap 2GB kit that runs at what it is rated to do then go for em :)

that may be due to your cpu's mem controller, I have seen 2 diff sets on the DFI auto at 3-3-3-7 at 250 with X2's and on a gigabyte NF4 with a 3800 venice they do 3-3-3-7 also at 250 my bro has.

I'm running them currently at 245 3-4-4-8 1T

No caps but a copy from a sandra thread on the forums:

Memory Bandwith
Int Buff - 6713 MB/s
Float Buff - 6654 MB/s

I would absolutely love it if I could push these sticks to 270.. that way I could run them 1:1. I might play around tomorrow and try raising the voltage a bit. Though I'd really prefer not to as I'm having case temp issues somewhat since I moved to WC.

Back