• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kris

Hi all, I will be upgrading very soon and have made choices for cpu(opty 165 or 170) and ram(g skill 2gig) but I can't make up my mind on a new mb. I have narrowed it down to two choices. Asus A8N32 or the DFI expert. I have had excellent luck with my ultra d and would not be changing it but both of these boards appear to clock as well or almost as well as my ultra d and provide enough room for my vid cards to get air. They are very cramped on the ultra d with zalman vf700 coolers. Please share your thoughts or expierences with me on these boards( or any other component) to help me make up my mind.

Thanks

If you get DFI expert then i recomend you to update your bios IMEDIATELY. (This board is known to have died on some people and new bios should fix that)

The 165 might work better on the Expert, mainly because with the 9x multipler, the Expert works better with higher HTT.

But you might want to get the most out of your 6800GTs with SLi 16X, according to most reviews, it isn't a huge boost from the 8X, but might be better in the future.

Back