• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help I bled on my motherboard!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

toddm27

Ok so I just got done leaktesting my new watercooling system for 48 hours and was installing everything in my tower and when putting the cpu block on I got a cut on something and bled on some resisters, I got most of it off with alcohol but do I need to buy some electrical spray cleaner or is it nothing to worry about?

Just wash it w/ 90+% alcohol, and let it dry for a dash or so. You could probably get away with less time, since it doesn't sound like you spilled any in the PCI/CPU slots, but you might as well play it safe.

cool thanks for the reply, I got some close to the socket but it didn't go into the socket or the pci or pci-e slots

oooh piks.. pc building accident piks... soz..... yeah as above..wash off with alcohol

Blood is electrically conductive when wet, but when dry it loses most of its conductivity. Clean it up as mentioned above and you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Thanks I already cleaned it and am up and running without a hitch with a 100mhz increase so far :clap:

OMG. I did the same exact thing the other day. LMAO. It didnt ruin any of my components, but I just think its ironic that I am getting hurt playing with computers. I didnt know it was a full contact sport, oohh well.. lol

Best I've done is sliced myself open on a case only to walk around for 5 minutes bleeding all over the place without noticing. Didn't get anything on the mobo but I had to clean up the floor a good bit. Oddly enough, it was such a clean cut I didn't feel any pain until I looked at it.

Ran a drill bit through my finger drilling holes for a fan.....Cool part was had to reverse it to get it out......

My wife just shook her head...

samuknow said:
Ran a drill bit through my finger drilling holes for a fan.....Cool part was had to reverse it to get it out......

ouch :bang head

I don't think I've ever done a single system build in my life that doesn't have at least a couple of bloodstains.

lol well this is unrelated but never run in sandals as i have in the past and i stubbed my foot on a raised wooden door jam which resulted in 4 out of the 5 nails on my right foot being ripped off.

samuknow said:

Ooooh.....that sounds...errrr cool

I havn't had any injuries in a while... My XP-120 took a good bit of my blood though...

this one time i was pushing down my ram and the tips of my thumbs got cut off.........
ok so that didnt happen
but i always got cut on the IDE type thing sticking off from my Audigy when trying to get to my pump and such..

I too usually find something to at least scratch myself on one way or the other. Working on a system with bandaids on your fingers is a pain.

Back