• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help configure IC7 max 3 and sata

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

davekusa

need help configuring sata in bios

Well I had it working and I don't know what happen.
IC7 max 3 and 74 raptor

I can get the hard drive to work on SATA 1, but only a 3 MBs (not right)

I have it plugged into SATA 3 with onchip enabled and sata enhanced (works right 65 MB's)

I would like to get it working right on SATA 1.

SATA 3 is OnBoard; SATA 1 & 2 is OnChip. Here are some notes I made when I first had my IC7 max 3. Hope they might help you.

Connect disk to SATA 1 - first connector under CMOS clear jumper.
Boot PC into BIOS (<del> key before OS load)
In Integrated Peripherals select OnChip IDE Device and set OnChip Serial ATA to Enhanced Mode. Check OnChip Serial ATA Mode shows IDE and SATA RAID ROM is Enabled (so you can boot from the hard disk). Your disk will show up as connected to IDE Channel 3 Master.

Want to kick up this Abit IC7 Max 3 a little.

I bought the Cosair Twinx2048-3200C2 and installed it and tried all kinds of timings. I finally got them to work but kept getting error messages with Norton Check it Diagnostics. Other memory programs were OK. any ideas ????
also I want to add 2 X 74 GB WD X10000 rpm SATA in a Raid 0 and reinstall my OS there, hoping to speed things up. has anyone set these up and noticed any real difference. I do have 2 of the 400GB WD SATA with 16 MB of cache, and this did add some file transfer speed up difference for photoshop.
I want to drop in a new MB and Dual Core CPU but the Forums out "there" are hard to discern the best combo of PSU, CPU , Memory, Video Card etc.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
bob

Back