• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone have an Athlon (got it right! hehe) or duron processor they don't need?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

soundfx4

Hey, if anyone has an Athlon or duron processor they don't need, could I have, or borrow it unitll the Athlon XP prices come down? I don't think I will actually get any responces, but It's worth a try. Let me know, thanks!

This is kinda like walking into the pits at a NASCAR race, and asking if anyone has an engine they don't need....:rolleyes:

Somehow I find it very unlikely......

<satan_mode> Sure you can borrow my ONLY CPU, but first I require all rights and usages to and of your soul!!!!</satan_mode>

Ummmm if I actually had an extra CPU i MIGHT lend it to you, but first i would require: your car, all your money, and oh yeah YOUR SOUL..hehe. j/k i highly doubt that you would get something from anybody, its more worth it to spend the 40 bucks on a processor.

hehe, well, actually it isn't worth it to spend the 40 bucks on it, because I already have a working computer, but it is slow, and the wait time for this processor is going to be a month or less. I'm not gonna spend 40 bucks on a brand new processor, and then not need it in less then a month :) Oh, btw, does anyone have a house I could borrow? :D

if you buy a cheap Duron for 40 bucks its worth it,

what happnes when you fry that nice new xp cpu ???

well you have that Duron as a backup for when that happens

hell when i get paid again im ordering me another cpu for a backup one.(my new AMD rig :) )

i have a cyrix III 600 as a backup for the comp in my sig .

soundfx5 said:
hehe, well, actually it isn't worth it to spend the 40 bucks on it, because I already have a working computer, but it is slow, and the wait time for this processor is going to be a month or less. I'm not gonna spend 40 bucks on a brand new processor, and then not need it in less then a month :) Oh, btw, does anyone have a house I could borrow? :D

how about getting a $40 cpu, and whenever you get your xp, you can give the $40 cpu to somebody who ask for a temp. cpu because they are waiting for the cpu they want to drop price. :D just an idea

Re: Anyone have an Athlon (got it right! hehe) or duron processor they don't need?

soundfx5 said:
Hey, if anyone has an Athlon or duron processor they don't need, could I have, or borrow it unitll the Athlon XP prices come down? I don't think I will actually get any responces, but It's worth a try. Let me know, thanks!

Got a better idea. Can I borrow yor MoBo and RAM until my new ones arrive next week?

I know what it's like waiting, but you will appreciate it more when you get it. Remember "patience in a virtue". Oh how I remember the exuberance of youth.

My condolences in your wait. Just make sure you treat your comp like the delicate innstrument it is while you're putting it together, and you won't have to wait for an RMA, which certainly sucks more than waiting for shipping.

Back