• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7800gt CS:S and bump mapping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zephxiii

Registered
I just upgraded to a new system with a 7800gt, my last system had a 6800. For some reason I am not getting very much bump mapping in the game with the 7800gt, if any at all. I mean, textures just look flat everywhere. I turned all settings to high, i have 81.98 forceware drivers (latest), CS:S is updated to latest update.

The bump mapping just really isn't there for some reason. It is very noticeable on the 6800. I have no idea what the deal is. Is anyone else experiencing this w/ their 7800 series video card?

this is a brand new system, the drivers were the first ones to be installed.

did you try installing the drivers that came with your card.

can't help you there.. i went from fx5200 to 7800gt sli x.x

ahh nevermind, i just played it on the old system, looks the same. I think one of the recent updates made reflections/bump maps look really obvious, but then after another recent update it went back to the way it was or something. I think this was like right before we got new player models or something, i don't know.

I just know that, i didn't do anything to my computer, then right after a source engine update, all of a sudden bump maps/reflections were really obvious and i liked it. Then for some reason they aren't that way anymore, i have no idea, lol.

zephxiii said:
ahh nevermind, i just played it on the old system, looks the same. I think one of the recent updates made reflections/bump maps look really obvious, but then after another recent update it went back to the way it was or something. I think this was like right before we got new player models or something, i don't know.

I just know that, i didn't do anything to my computer, then right after a source engine update, all of a sudden bump maps/reflections were really obvious and i liked it. Then for some reason they aren't that way anymore, i have no idea, lol.

Dude. Just sit back, relax, drink a beer, and enjoy your new card, the 7800's kick ***. I own a GTX of my own.

Dom

Back