• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

These readings cant be right!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Exodus7

Registered
Hey everyone,

I just made my new rig with a MSI K8N Neo4 Plat and a 146 opty at stock voltage and no o/c yet (dont worry its coming)

I installed speed fan and got a bit of a scare but I dont see how these readings could be right, take a look:

cputemp8wz.png

It says the cpu is at 128 CELCIUS!!!!!!!!! MBM5 is giving the same reading...? Is that even possible or is it some kind of a glitch? Or should i turn this pc off right awaY!?

Thanks.

What are other cpu temp programs I could try to see what its really running at?

I would guess that the 32C is your CPU. The 23C is probably your motherboard ambient temperature. I would just ignore the 128C. You can just disable it in SpeedFan or Motherboard Monitor. . . . Nice build by the way. :)

Obviously my PSU is plugged into the board or my PC wouldnt be on now would it?

Exodus7 said:
Obviously my PSU is plugged into the board or my PC wouldnt be on now would it?

what i think he meant was the fan speed/temp wire, is it plugged into the motherboard?

U mean the fan on the heatsink? Yes its plugged in, so is the extra 4 pin power and so are both 120mm fans. All plugged in it must just be a glitch.

No, I mean the 3 pin connector on the PSU if there is one. This pin provides information about your PSU (generally fan speeds) to the motherboard. This is what I Am referfing to, and can only assume that you do not have such a conector since you don't know what I am talking about.

Back