• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unlocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-=GODS=-Gunny

Hello everyone, I need some help. I am quite new to overclocking but I know the basics. Right now, I have an Asus A8n Sli-Premium motherboard, an amd 64 3700+ San Diego core, and 1 gb of patriot ram. I was trying to overclock beyond a certain point, but no matter what it wouldn't let me. Then someone told me about the multiplier was locked. Other then that I have the voltage set right and such. Can anyone help me with unlocking the multiplier. I am sure there are many threads on this but I would rather be start a thread because of different specifications of computers.

Any suggestions are appreciated,

Gunny

-=GODS=-Gunny said:
Hello everyone, I need some help. I am quite new to overclocking but I know the basics. Right now, I have an Asus A8n Sli-Premium motherboard, an amd 64 3700+ San Diego core, and 1 gb of patriot ram. I was trying to overclock beyond a certain point, but no matter what it wouldn't let me. Then someone told me about the multiplier was locked. Other then that I have the voltage set right and such. Can anyone help me with unlocking the multiplier. I am sure there are many threads on this but I would rather be start a thread because of different specifications of computers.

Any suggestions are appreciated,

Gunny

here read this post link

Now, I may be wrong, but what I am thinking this does is let me oc more, correct? My thing is capped where I cannot go any higher then 2.4

there is no "cap" what most limits your setup is usually memory and cooling, I suggest reading the link specified above. There are lots of people here doing 2800Mhz and above with that Chip and better cooling, I suggest you have a look around, and most of all

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!

So it is a definite factor having to do with cooling? I know a few people with some nice liquid cooling systems and they cannot oc any higher then 200 mghz higher then what they have stock. So I decided I would ask yall about it.

-=GODS=-Gunny said:
So it is a definite factor having to do with cooling? I know a few people with some nice liquid cooling systems and they cannot oc any higher then 200 mghz higher then what they have stock. So I decided I would ask yall about it.
depends mainly on your set up post your rig and see what sugestions people give you.

Back