• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7800 GT S-Video Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pookyman

Hey all, I tried hooking up the S-Video connection to my TV and the colors turn out to be black and white... I tried two of my TVs but still no go. Any ideas? And I checked to make sure the connections were good.

i had this problem with my 6800gt. u have to have the monitor output on the DVI socket oppersite to the s-video out. and make sure ur tv is set to av1/2/3s

sorry. im assuming that ur tv would have more than 1 AV connection. here in the UK we have scart sockets, you have phono i think(red/white/yellow???). and on my tv i have 3 scart sockets, a phono connection with s-video and component connections (5x AV connectors). i can set the 3 scarts and phono connectors to either regular RGB or s-video settings, if u have an s-video feed set onto an RGB socket the picture will be black/white and fuzzy.

Get a new s-video adapter. I had one that had a missing connection inside the s-video adapter and it came out black/white. Or try a wire trick and wire the two pins together on each side of pin guide.

Back