• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI WDM Rage Theater Video -- This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

microfire

I wish I could get rid of this. Has been a problem since I changed from an Abit AI7 to my current motherboard Asus P4C800-E Deluxe.
No matter what drivers I use or try to force it away. Getting so ****ed now I feel like ripping the damm Rage Theater off the card.
Even if I right click uninstall, it just reappears on the next reboot.

Device manager:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

What version driver are you using?

Follow these steps and it might help. Remove all ATI software using the ATI uninstall piece of software.

Boot in to safemode. Using the latest drivecleaner pro 1.4 Select all the ATI filters except the ATI RAID and Harddrive filters.

Reboot and install the 6.1 Cats with the 9.13 MMC.

That should fix a lot of the issues. I had the same thing with an X800PRO AIW.

All versions, I have gone through them all, even reflashed my cards bios back to stock (many other bios's too).
Have even done 3 full Windows XP SP2 reinstalls (formatted).
I don't think that part of the card is broken or maybe it is? (might not like my Asus board)

I will give it a try.

Must of done some thing wrong, what parts of the MMC do I need?
There is 4 different parts for a total of ~75MB, surely I don't need all of them?
https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&folderID=293

No, does not work. Keeps asking me for a CD.
My card is not a AIW, its a VIVO card.
I never had this problem when I had my old motherboard. All that was needed was to install the regular drivers.

Last edited:
Back