• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

At a total loss

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wab1

Registered
OK I have re installed raid0 on asrock mobo - and fitted by old ide drives -

So what I have is 2 x WD 250 GB making up the raid 0 :argue:

1 x 120 gb Seagate :argue:
1 x 80 gb Seagate on ide channels

Now if I boot PC up in that setting it will not see array (raid) when in windows - although I can see it in post screen during boot up procedure.

No matter how I set it up in bios when I have ide drives connected I can not see the array on bios. :shrug:

If I disconnect the ide drives I see the array in bios and it boots up no problems.

I need to move files across from old drives to to new ones, and I was also thinking of leaving the 120gb hard rive in pc to backup to.

One other thing is when I boot PC with all drivers connected when windows starts up it reports that it can see a massive storage device but fails to install it.

This is driving me nutty! :bang head

Sorted :)

never mind sorted this problem the new sata2 drives on asrock corrects this :p

Wab1 said:
never mind sorted this problem the new sata2 drives on asrock corrects this :p

Wab,

Is it RAID1 that both drives must be identical? I always confuse this issue. Anyhow, glad you sorted it out! :cool:

RollingThunder said:
Wab,

Is it RAID1 that both drives must be identical? I always confuse this issue. Anyhow, glad you sorted it out! :cool:

Did you not bother reading the post properly - what drives does it say I'm using for raid

karl pell said:
RT ... suggest you see the stickies in storage, esp RAID sticky for background information

Karl,

Found one that clarifies this for me. I haven't messed with this stuff for 10 years and it's much different now.

"If you have 500GB of space, you are using Raid0. If you see a single 250GB drive, you are using Raid1. If you see 2x 250GB drives, you are not using raid." (for 2 x 250 GB drives)

Back