• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6600GT SLI or X1800XT?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wideload

Registered
I recently received 2 Chaintech 6600GT's from newegg after reading 29 fantastic reviews. Both were duds. The first card died the first day I had it running in SLI then about a week later the other one died as well. After talking with a newegg rep I was able to return both cards for full price in accordance with buying one x1800xt or 2 more 6600GT's.

Taking the price differencial out of the equation, which is roughly $120 more for the x1800xt, which one of these options would you OC forum guys and gals recommend. Any input would be great. Thanks. :shrug:

I'd say the x1800xt, a single card uses less power and in this case has better iq, works for every game and it is easier to control the heat output coming from the cards.

2x 6600gt's = 6800Ultra barely.

I know friends with SLI 6600gt's and they can barely hang with my flashed X850pro.

XT even though i think SLI is fun and is showoffy.. thats only with higher ends. 6600GT is like :\

Thanks very much guys I really appreciate the input. I just got an x1900xtx and it smokes, but not as good as my other system with 2-7800gtx's

Back