• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which is better VGA cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BrianH2O

Zalman VF700-cu with ram heatsinks

OR

Atric Cooler ATI rev 4.2

Cooling an ATI X800XT overclocked to 520c/540m

I currently have the Zaman combo on and running around 52c full load ... according to ATITool.

Would the Aritic Cooler provide better cooling?

I favor the Zalman over any of the silencer series...though, the silencer vs my zalman proved to be pretty crappy (zalman was MUCH better)

My vote goes to the Zalman, have it and love it. Original Silencer was king but new revisions have QC problems from what I've heard. It's performance also depends slightly on the air flow of your case.

I don't have experience with that specific version of the silencer, but I'd say the Zalman. By far. My ATI Silencer still keeps my GPU around 70-75°C under load. (Putting 75cfm case fans on the side helped a lot, it was almost 80°C before, and around 95°C stock.) The Zalman Fatal1ty version will be a good choice if you can find a decent price on it. The Thermalright V-1 Ultra (or even non-Ultra if you're looking to save money) will perform very well also.

I have a Arctic Silencer 5 Rev 2, temps have dropped by about 9 degrees from what the stock cooler was giving me. The ambient temp at the moment is quite high 24 degrees + as it's summer. but on cooler days I have seen temps of 31 degrees idle. I have no experience with the Zalman products but for me the AS5 is a good product and also lower in cost than the Zalman coolers.

Just my 2 cents worth.

cheers

chiefnz

Back