• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new to a64 oc'ing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

65stang

ok, so my 3200+ clawhammer dtr is finally installed after having it a month...as you can see from my sig, my old rig is a socket a. ive read the stickies and made some adjustments, but i have some questions.

im currently running it at 9x200fsb....when i open cpuid, it shows htt as 200...ive got my htt multi set at 4x...so shouldnt that give me 800 htt? ive got the same ram as in my sig, so i can push it pretty far, but ive gotta figure out those fsb-to-htt thing....someone explain/help for me please

cpuid shows your base clock speed of 200MHz. Having your HTT multi at 4x does give you 800MHz HTT. You can leave HTT at 4x multi unless you plan on going over 250MHz base clock speed. You don't want to exceed 1000MHz HTT with your HTT multi x base clock speed. Having it lower than 1000MHz is not a problem because there is plenty of bandwidth there even at 800MHz HTT.

so my base fsb will be whatever my ram will handle, then adjust the htt multi to not exceed 1000htt...what about cpu and chipset voltages? recommendations on not to exceed?

I believe 3200+ Clawhammer DTR is S754, which is only good for an 800HTT, not 1000HTT.

HTT has very little effect on overall system performance. Keep it around 800mhz, don't try to push it too far, it will usually restrict you in how far of a CPU overclock you get, which is more important.

I wouldn't venture past 1.65v on a Clawhammer without extreme cooling
adjust the chipset voltage (like all other voltages) as necessary.

newegg carries the Newark 4000+ which clocks at 2.6ghz and has 1meg l2 cache, but its a bit expensive....

Back