• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MS dos Compatibility mode

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Newguy123

I am running windows98se with a Abit KG7 mobo, when you go into control panel......system....performance tab i have Drive C and D are running in MS dos compatibility mode. How do i fix this?

Thanks

Newguy123

Newguy123 said:
I am running windows98se with a Abit KG7 mobo, when you go into control panel......system....performance tab i have Drive C and D are running in MS dos compatibility mode. How do i fix this?

Thanks

Newguy123

you have to install your driver for you ata 100 controller

Trust me Newguy you need to go to your device manager and install the driver manually and it will fix your problem you will notice alot more speed out of your harddrive after installing your driver you are losing performance.. You do not need to format.

Thanks for the replay guys, i will give them a try. Its the PCI mass storage controler is what i am looking for right???

Well i am having the best luck today, my Abit mobo CD just broke..... Do you guys know where i would be able to find this driver so i can load it?

Thanks again

Newguy123

Last edited:
if i remember correctly it is the mass storage one you are using now you wanna change that one just look in your device manager and you will see it you wanna update it to the one that came with your cd that came with your mobo first find out which controller your board uses. browse your cd it should be on that cd find the folder and install it manually Some boards use the promise controller and some use others like my epox uses Via . This will fix your problem. Let us know what happens. Good luck

I would love to browes my CD but there is alittle problem with that, My Abit CD broke its gone my CD roms cannot read it.

Newguy123

It is the Raid mobo but i am not using my 2 hard drives as raid, both of the IDE hard drives are plugged into the mobos Raid IDEs So i would need the CD or the A drive disk?

Newguy123

Thanks for the help guys, i got it working finally. I also put WinXP on my 2nd partition.

Thanks again

Newguy123

Back