• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How hot is too hot for a 520?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darufe

Ive been running under 50c at 262fsb but since im trying to push the little bugger more im doing some tests at 275 fsb and getting close to 65°c running dual prime (but i just switched cpus so the thermal paste isnt really set in at all)

I knew i shouldnt have listen to my friend and went with a custom WC kit instead of air grrrrrr
its cost me so much in fans and crap that i could be water cooled+water chilled + pelted atm for like 100$ more
$&#@(%

(and probably hitting 4.0 by now)

When hitting 4.something, my 530 was around 61C full load and I was scared. What HS do you have and yes, you're right about the thermal paste. Give it 4-5 days, mine was 5 degrees cooler afterward.

hmm i personally like to stay under 45C load..but for air and a 5xx cpu under 65 is easy within spec

hmm i personally like to stay under 45C load..but for air and a 5xx cpu under 65 is easy within spec

Agreed. I've got my Celey running about 55C at full load (see sig). It was consistantly a several degrees hotter than that before the AS5 set in. Another few days and the temps should drop.

my 520 is running 24/7 (used to seti, now folding), and it's been in the low 60s to low 70s for over a year now!! you'll be fine as long as it's under 70c load!!

Just be sure that the CPU is not throttling. I like to say under 60c. Also note that the hotter your CPU runs, you can pretty much bet that your mosfets aren't feeling any cooler.

Back