• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit ati compability problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

domstar

I have tried two Radoens in my system now and neither work, one was a 9600xt and one was a9800pro There appear to be ok in 2d but not 3d. Was wondering if there was any problems with my baord? I have IS7-E2 .Do any of you guys have any ideas?
Please this reall annoying me now.
Dom

I've used about every ATI card made in Abit mobos. You do have to remove the old drivers and install new drivers when you swap vid cards. If you are going from Nvidia to ATI, that can be a problem. Try using a driver removal program first or reformat.

I was going from nividia to ati but i unistalled the drivers and used deteanator RIP to remove the rest of the drivers. I have tried installing new chipset drivers for the intel chipset but that doesnt seem to have helped either. The card seems to function fine in windows and under 3dmark 2001 gave me a score of 16000 as stock. ???
DoM

You need to find a proggy called driver cleaner. You need to uninstall the ATI drivers, then drop into safe mode. Set Driver Cleaner to clean out ATI and NV software, and let it go. It will pop up with a list of all the files that it cleaned out, reboot and install the latest Catalysts.

I ran a X800XT, 9800XT, 9600XT, and a 9700Pro in a AI7(Prescott supporting IS7) and had no problems besides the 9600XT commited suicide twice in it. Wrote off to brand *Powercolor. It ran fine until it just stopped, hard locking the computer.

Back