• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

USB Wireless for x64?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

perfectturmoil

Hey.

I need a USB wireless adapter for my computer running Windows XP Professional x64 Edition. Do any exist? Does windows have any "stock" driver, or are there workarounds? Thanky :- ]

Wireless anything in x64 is a real pain . VERY hard to find drivers for PCI nic's and/or usb Wifi goodies .

I do know Airlink has a Wifi usb with a new x64 driver . Not sure how well it works , but I just purchased a Airlink 101 Wifi PCI nic that works excellant on x32 . I purchased the Airlink 101 to swap it out for a Netgear WG311 card that needs to go in a x64 system (Netgear Wifi's work with Athero x64 drivers) . The Airlink stuff is onsale this week at Fry's . FRY'S AD .

Heres links to the Airlink usb webpage PRODUCT , x64 DRIVER

Or try a Netgear USB HERE with the Atheros x64 Wifi driver (should work as it did with my 311/311T Wifi nics ,not positive though )

Again , your choices in this matter are very limited , as I have recentlty found out . :eh?:

BUT .... I hope this helps ;)

Last edited:
Back