• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Sempron 64 2800+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BrutalDrew

I have begun overclocking my Sempron 2800+ with a Biostar TForce6100-754. I got it up to 2224MHz (278 x 8) and it is Prime95 stable for 1 hour. Whether or not it will be stable for longer, I don't know yet. It failed Prime95 within 5 minutes when I had it at 280. Currently I am running the CPU at 1.55v and I have no plans on going any higher then that. My temps are around 42C when running Prime95 (stock cooling).

I have Corsair Value Select for RAM so I am not expecting much out of it. I'll probably have to keep it at 200MHz. So, I am expecting to end up with 8 x 275 = 2200 with a 3:4 divider so my RAM can run at DDR300.

Any tips to push this thing even further? Keep in mind, I don't want to run an insane voltage like 1.7v in order to obtain a higher overclock. I'd rather be safe then sorry.

most semprons can run stock voltage (1.4-1.5v depending on the chip) up to around 2.7-2.8.... try changing bios settings around some more.

I'm overclocking my paris but windows won't even boot when i go up enough so im thinking my PS is garbage or im doing something wrong, either way i don't have the time right now because of finals at school to figure it out.

boris_37 said:
most semprons can run stock voltage (1.4-1.5v depending on the chip) up to around 2.7-2.8.... try changing bios settings around some more.

I'm overclocking my paris but windows won't even boot when i go up enough so im thinking my PS is garbage or im doing something wrong, either way i don't have the time right now because of finals at school to figure it out.

I am yet to see a Sempron run at 2.7 at stock volts...
Sorry i dont believe that... :(

BrutalDrew said:
Any tips to push this thing even further?
Yup. You should systematically test the overclock of each component in your system to work out your actual ability. 2.2GHz @ 1.55VCore is pretty average - what rev Sempie is that?

My favourite recipe is at Overclockers Online , there is another at Extreme Overclocking.

ps - I agree 2.7 at stock VCore is unlikely - indeed 2.7 takes a lot of luck and skill. But 2.3-2.4 on stock VCore is reasonable (my 2.4 is stock VCore).

You should systematically test the overclock of each component in your system to work out your actual ability.

That was my plan. I am going to try to find out the max of my RAM tomorrow. I can't find my boards max HTT because of the locked multiplier on the 2800+. I can't lower it to take CPU out of the equation.

I'm not exactly sure what rev Sempron I have. The first two lines in the CPU says the following:

SDA2800AIO3BX
LBBWE 0538GPAW

Also, thanks for the links. I have seen the EOCF overclocking guide before, but not the Overclockers Online one. I will take a look at it tomorrow and give you guys any updates.

BrutalDrew said:
I can't find my boards max HTT because of the locked multiplier on the 2800+. I can't lower it to take CPU out of the equation.
I realised that right after I posted. Which is a real shame - I suspect it may actually be your mobo that is struggling to hit 280: if so you may find you can run 278 at stock VCore.
BrutalDrew said:
I'm not exactly sure what rev Sempron I have. The first two lines in the CPU says the following:

SDA2800AIO3BX
LBBWE 0538GPAW
The key part is the BX - means rev E6 which is 90nm & you have x86_64 instructions - as good as they get. 2.2GHz on stock VCore should be easy, 2.4 (on stock VCore) wouldnt be surprising but with the 8* multi you need a mobo that can get to 300 comfortably: by reputation that list is pretty short and the only guaranteed entry is the DFI. (My Abit also tested to 300 HTT no problem.)

My Asus K8N hits 306 easy, although it is horrible overclocker =( I gotta get rid of this thing when i get some more money as i cant change the vcore :( . I need to get a better NB HSF too.

Back