• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can not overclock XP1800 in Asus A7V266-E

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

meself

Hi first time here so hello to all…………….bit of a tech dunce/newbie so be easy on me ;)

Am I right in assuming that some cpus are “factory locked”……………I ask this because the two systems in our house are identical in m/b and cpu a7v266-e with XP1900………..the spare or the missus is the one I first overclocked and it’s still running fine.

To-day I managed to ….upgrade….FLASH… ....both bios’s to asus 1011 so that they can accept an XP 2600 cpu (eventually)………………….however when I alter the settings in my main system exactly as I have successfully done in the spare…ie..fsb to 145Mhz……..the system will just not finish loading windows and crashes/freezes............it runs fine as I'm on it now with the new bios but original settings ……..and yes m/b is set to jumper free

Andy ideas

I mean "exact" same memory. The same speed really doesn't mean anything. You can buy PC3200 for 10.00 or 150.00. They obviously won't overclock the same. If the memory between the two systems is exactly the same brand, speed, etc. I'm stumped.

Ah I see what you mean Daddyjaxx………..the make of all the ram is identical as purchased from crucial…with same ref number etc……..the only difference being is that the system I have been able to overclock has 512 mb and the unclocked one has 1 Gb

Back