• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fans for MCR220

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kenny_k

What would be good fans for the MCR220. Quiet because it will be mounted outside the case, yet good performance for OC'g.

Thanks NoodleHead. This being my first diy I wasn't sure how low you go in cfm with those rads before performance starts to degrade. They both state they were made for low cfm fans, under 70cfm, but how low I didn't know. Based on those links it looks like you wouldn't want to go below 45cfm.

IMO performance (actually temps, not performance) starts to degrade the moment you choose to go with low cfm fans and a thinner radiator. Considering that, there really isnt a 'too low' threshold. It would be nice if you could try slower fans before you buy them but obviously thats not realistic. Remember, silence and performance are a balancing act.
Personally I don't hold temps up that high, if the temps are in reason I consider the other aspects.

Just some thoughts.

panaflow medium speed 120x38mm fans - good airflow, good pressure, and you should only need two of them sucking air through the rad to get both performance and silence

just my .02

Back