• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

durons = durable

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

.. AE 86 ..

i have two duron 800s both are AMCA *Z*... i have chipped both the cores.. haha... well.. not deliberately and it still works

i am wondering if chipping the core a little will increase the temp ?
if this is the case then i am having this problem
the temperature increased as much as 3c

btw... i also have two TBird 1gig and both do not boot even suffering from a tiny tiny chip...

durons are what i will run and keep.... until better and more durable cpus are out... i am also wondering how much o/c a 1.533ghz Athlon XP will go...

thanks a bunch
jeff

Sorry to hear you have chipped your cores, I have too in the past.
Yes it will raise your temps, as there is less surface area in contact with the HSF.
I know it's too late to say, but take a little more care with those CPU's. I would cry if I did it now;)

Four chipped cores?

You really might want to rethink your strategy of attaching your HSF.

Cool that your Durons still work though

um.. how?

i was wonderin', how exactly did you chip your cpu's, especially four of them!?!?

playing fetch with your dog or testing out your throwing knife skills on a processor probably isn't the best thing to do when you're bored dude...:eek:

by the way, i had a friend that licked the pins on an old p2 processor at school, you think passing around an important piece of equipment in a classroom is a good idea teach?

i wonder if it booted?

I chipped my tbird 900mhz about 2 months ago. The temps rose by about 4degrees. I took it off to have a look a week ago and all the corners are crushed but it still works ok. But I have definetly seen a rise in temps. Its better to place the heatsink on cpu but the latch on and then the other so there is even pressure over the core. LoL so i suppose i will have to start doing that myself.:D

okay believe it or not I chipped the center of my duron750???? I don't have any idea how but it looks like a tiny bit of the back of the core from dead center is missing? I noticed it when look at the core adn I saw all edges were perfect and the little chip in the center has me wondering how in the heck I did that.

i think i have already put my hsf 20-30 times on my duron and i also did other cpus but i never chipped it ... i dont understand how you can chip 4 cpus ???
hope it never happens to me
maybe the temps are a bit higher because the core loses surface thats in contact with the hsf

Back