• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Barton help, multiplier

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

andyisc00l

I heard the multiplier is locked at 13 or something on bartons, can it go past that? do you need a mod?

I have a barton2800+ running at 2350 mhz w/ 1.75 vcore and a crappy heatsink...running at 57 cel...I know I need a new power supply and heatsink, but I'd like to go past 13 and I think I can...it keeps freezing...or maybe its my imagination and its the fact that I need better stuff...let me know thanks...(also wanna go past 13 with future mobile barton 2600, bridge work?)

The 2800+ Barton only got 12.5x multiplier. Perhaps your board is limiting you to that when set manually? Do you know what week/year your Barton was manufactured? What motherboard?

Without this info, it's hard to give you any real solid answers.

I think its like a 0309 or something...anywyas...cna you do a mod to make it go over 12.5??? Not a big deal....it's just with proper cooling and aboard that can raise the voltage over 1.825...I bet you I could get it over 2500mhz...ya know?

Lol, I used to have to run my old Barton XP 2500+ a 1.85 just to hit 2310MHz.

Now I've gone to a A64 3200+ and I swear it's faster just running stock. It certainly seems a lot faster.......

That would be because A64s have the rumoured "25%" gain on an equally clocked AXP.. plus probably the reinstal of windows would have made it feel better :p but I know what you mean, i noticed the difference too :)

Careface*

The reason he asked for your motherboard is because if your CPU is multiplier unlocked, if it can boot into Windows with different multipliers than it is your motherboard and not the CPU that's the problem.

IF you have an unlocked CPU and your motherboard is the problem that you need this mod which only works with old unlocked CPUs:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=279392

and can you turn a barton in to a mobile? i heard something about that...any benefit?

anything I can mod with a barton 2800+ to make it better would be great...just outa curiousity

What does that mean 'turn into a mobile,' desktop Barton and mobile Barton are two different CPUs running at different voltages.

Mobile usually overclocks more.

Careface said:
That would be because A64s have the rumoured "25%" gain on an equally clocked AXP.. plus probably the reinstal of windows would have made it feel better :p but I know what you mean, i noticed the difference too :)

Careface*

Yeah, well you knind of have to reinstall Windows XP. It cracks up when you change too many major components at the same time. Besides, I added more RAM...... :shrug:

Back