• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

audio problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlazinSkyline

Registered
My front case has a front earphone jack...I hooked up the cable to the front audio on my MB....The front works but now the rear audio jack doesn't work now..When I turn my speakers up all the way to the MAX i hear sound very faintly (connected to the back)...any ideas on fixng the problem...I have a albatron K8x800 Pro MB

The front panal audio standerd will not allow a connection to both front and rear at same time. It is designed to cut out the speakers on the rear connector when a headphone is connected to the front.

I had the same issue once. Are the connections correct? It basically thought that there was a headphone jack inserted. Try to check the connections.

It's possible that the switch inside the jack is stuck in the closed position causing the problem described. Try inserting/removing your headphones from the jack rapidly for a few seconds; it may help to release the switch if the switch is the problem.

Back