• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help huge probleme

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skeb

hi all this is my first post, i have a HUGE probleme and i really dont know what to do, i tried to overclock my amdX2 that i just bought via the bios and now, when i start my pc, the screen wont com on, its all black, i cant access the bios anymore, my computer turns on and everything , the fans turn the lights turn on but the computer wont start? i really dont know whats left to do plzzzz help me i just bought my pc, btw, i, posting this off a laptop.

in the bios i messed with fan speeds and other things but what i think it is, is the processeur MHs, it was saying somthing like CPU:200, the maximum i could put was 400, so i put it up to 300 and then whezn i rebooted my pc, it dint start anymore. O and im a big noobie at overclocking... plz help? thanks

have you tried clearing the cmos unpluggin the power cord from your psu as well do it for at least 30 seconds then put jumper back and try powering it up

skeb said:
hi all this is my first post, i have a HUGE probleme and i really dont know what to do, i tried to overclock my amdX2 that i just bought via the bios and now, when i start my pc, the screen wont com on, its all black, i cant access the bios anymore, my computer turns on and everything , the fans turn the lights turn on but the computer wont start? i really dont know whats left to do plzzzz help me i just bought my pc, btw, i, posting this off a laptop.

in the bios i messed with fan speeds and other things but what i think it is, is the processeur MHs, it was saying somthing like CPU:200, the maximum i could put was 400, so i put it up to 300 and then whezn i rebooted my pc, it dint start anymore. O and im a big noobie at overclocking... plz help? thanks

This is a very simple fix. First off calm down and dont panic.
Open up your case and look down at your motherboard. Simply remove the CMOS battery and plug it back it in. This will reset all of your bios setting back to normal. Remain calm! :santa:

Dom

omg thank u its working, man i was freaking out, i did not know about the battery thank u guys, can u now help me to overclock my system?? i dont want to mess with anything im not sure about anymore.

ship your computer to one of the members here who prevented you from having a heart attack, and your system will be tweaked to it's best. Or just read the stickies.

skeb said:
omg thank u its working, man i was freaking out, i did not know about the battery thank u guys, can u now help me to overclock my system?? i dont want to mess with anything im not sure about anymore.
My only recommendation from here on out is: Be careful! lol :santa:

You can start by reading as much as you can so this doesn't happen again. Read the stickies here for starters.

I used to be a complete overclocking noob. I had no idea what to do. I spent a couple weeks reading as much as I could on these forums and now I would say i'm pretty good with overclocking Intel systems. I just ordered my first AMD system either and I'm not knowledgable about amd overclocking. Just read these boards and stickies and learn. Take it slow and it'll work out fine.

Back