• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Making a forums/website.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

puremanb

First off what its for is when a new PvP realm on World of Warcraft opens up me and friends are going to be making a new guild "Should Be Nerfed" on the horde side and we are trying to get as many members as possible to ensure that we survive as a top PvP and raiding guild. (If you would like to join your more than welcome :) ) We are hoping to have at least 20 members by the time a new realm opens up.

So now to my real question I want to make a fairly nice and clean website, but I have no past experience what-so-ever.

Is there any ways to easily make one like using some sort of a template not just using HTTP.

and where should I buy my domain from?

If you don't know what you're doing, I would use free services to get my feet wet. Yahoo has webhosting, and you can get free forums at http://www.proboards.com/index.html. Then find you some free template off the net and play with it. Then you're set. When you get to buying a domain, I use GoDaddy.

Once i get the forums how i like it how do I make it the domain name i want?

hmmm they are going to make you pull that link or possibly pull it for you :( I wasnt allowed to link my blog in here at all :shrug:

I dunno , but I have another question how would i go about making a homepage so that the forums arnt the first page but i have a link to them on the main page?

pmb,

props to you, i have wondered about doing this myself. i wanted to do a forum for people at my highschool.

Back