• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC IS-7 P4 3.2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

apple13

Hey, I'm new to the forum and I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion on how to oc my rig.
I have a P4 3.2 prescott 800fsb with an ATI 800xt AIW video card. I have tried to step up my clock speed but it locks my rig down every time. I just needed to ask if anybody has used this setup? My memory is ddr3200 and it is pretty good from what I can tell. The Corsair C2PT3200 @# 1 gig seems to work great but I cant oc anything without my pc freezing at the reboot. Any suggestions?

:welcome: to the forums!

Make sure you have the latest bios revision. Abit's motherboard bios' are located here. I know I was unable to oc worth a crap until I updated the bios on my old IS7-E. It had the 2003 bios if i remember correctly, the dual channel never worked with my old bios either and when the sata controller stopped booting windows I realized how old my bios was and flashed it. Needless to say it was like night and day.

here's some helpful bios upgrade info: http://www.abit-usa.com/downloads/bioshelp.php

Good luck, if you have any other questions lmk.

-Gary

Back