• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help installing drivers for Mobility X700

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WeaponX6X

Well I've tried the offical drivers and I've dried the Omega Drivers. I keep getting the same error. In a window named Thunk.exe it says "INF file is missing." I know you don't have to use the drivers from the manufacturer...but I'm not sure how to properly install the latest offical or Omega drivers. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I should add I'm running an Acer Ferrari 4006 WLMi w/ WinXP x64 and a Mobility X700.

Last edited:
I have the exact same problem with my Gateway's Mobility X600.

Get the regular Catalyst driver from ATi, then use the DH Mod Tool here:

http://www.driverheaven.net/patje/

Follow the instructions to mod the drivers into recognizing the Mobility chipsets. I've been doing this for a while, and once you do it, install Omega's or other modded drivers over it and you shouldn't have to worry about having to mod it again.

Are the Omegas better? I was able to install the latest Catalyst drivers(6.3 I think) and it looks good.

Back