• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with ram ideas.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rainwater

So I just picked up an i5 8600k for 100$ and Frys has the MSI mpg z390i gaming edge motherboard on clearence for 119$. I'm going for an itx build this time for super cheap and the best deal I've found so far is the Corsair Vengence lpx 2x16 3200 mhz for about 165$ It's black like the motherboard. I found some black hyper x for 202. I can't seem to find this lpx kit in 3600mhz. I have two ram slots. I have to take off for the next few hours and was wondering if anyone can help my find a good 2x16 kit for a good price. Preferably 3600mhz but 3200mhz will work. Also I am wondering if anyone has overclocked this lpx 3200mhz successfully. I guess this motherboard holds the record for memory overclock at over 5ghz. It has been a long time since I've been active on the forums and don't remember how to post a link or I would. Ant help woild be greatly appreciated thank you.

Copy the URL from your browser, paste in a post. Simple as that!

I'll let the experts chime in on the RAM... though I say 2x8GB DDR4 3600 unless you know you are already close to 16GB use? I personally wouldn't bother overclocking the RAM as it yields so little in returns, in particular on Intel. But if you want to tinker and have fun!!!!!!!!!

No I really don't need more than 16gb right now I'm just building a quick budget build. Have a 1080ti hybrid I'm grabbing in a couple days. Found a corsair rm1000x for 50 and I just scored a 2x8 2400mhz patriot kit for 30.

Back