• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Celeron Northwood Overclockable in a LAPTOP?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

getto301

yes

ive read da intel sticky above me n stuff but i cant find any guide to overclocking my stock Intel Celeron 2.8Ghz (northwood core) all the articles ive seen say northwood p4 n stuff
im runnig off a toshiba satellite a45 s121 good book back a year ago. actualy my first computer ever it was faithfull but i was thinking of pumping up my pc2700 166mhz ram to 180mhz and hopefully moving my cpu power from 2.8 to 3.0 and 120FBS instead of 99fbs
((((i run on a laptop whit a stock cooling so i cant really shoot for the stars but a lil boost will be great for me))))
and i dont want to be a bother so i have here all the info on my cpu and mainboard
CPU(s)
Number of CPUs 1
Name Intel Celeron
Code Name Northwood
Specification Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.80GHz
Family / Model / Stepping F 2 9
Extended Family / Model 0 0
Brand ID 10
Package mPGA-478
Core Stepping D1
Technology 0.13 um
Supported Instructions Sets MMX, SSE, SSE2
CPU Clock Speed 2793.0 MHz
Clock multiplier x 28.0
Front Side Bus Frequency 99.8 MHz
Bus Speed 399.0 MHz
L1 Data Cache 8 KBytes, 4-way set associative, 64 Bytes line size
L1 Trace Cache 12 Kuops, 8-way set associative
L2 Cache 128 KBytes, 2-way set associative, 64 Bytes line size
L2 Speed 2793.0 MHz (Full)
L2 Location On Chip
L2 Data Prefetch Logic yes
L2 Bus Width 256 bits

Mainboard and chipset
Motherboard manufacturer TOSHIBA
Motherboard model Portable PC, Version A0
BIOS vendor TOSHIBA
BIOS revision Version 1.50
BIOS release date 01/26/2004
Chipset Intel i855GM/GME rev. A2
Southbridge Intel 82801DB (ICH4-M) rev. 03
Sensor chip ITE 1700

ALSO____
ive tryed ClockGen by CPUID
i hit read clocks since i dont know my pll settings, on the IC part of the box i get a bunch of numbers, i dont know which to select and i dont want S.N.D.S

if any of you guys help me out i would be soooo gratefull :) hope i can help back to the community in anyway

Back