• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ DDR500 vs G.SKILL DDR500 vs Mushkin DDR500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

demidrol

Registered
They usually all hit around the same speeds. (~270mhz) Im sure you've seen dominicks post on his brand new G.Skill set. They hit like 280mhz, so G.Skill is definatly lookin' good right now. I also have the G.Skill kit and I love 'em, ive been able to get to about 270 and im sure I can go for more. Just my 2cents I am sure you will be happy with whichever brand you go for. 2GB of RAM is great!

Also I don't do benchmarking much, I'm a gamer. OCZ does look cooler too.

Any opinions I want to order it now but don't know which, its between G.SKILL and OCZ now since Mushkins aren't in stock. I'm leaning towards G.SKILL and newegg, its instant savings and no waiting for rebates to come back for 9 weeks.

I want to oc no more than 250fsb if my s754 cpu can even handle it. And for gaming mostly.

Luftwaffle said:
My suggestion:

Get whatever is cheapest if you're not going to OC it.
they're all about same price, i wanted to hear some opinions on which of this 2 to get.

I just want to say I ordered G.SKILL 2GB, and 1 hour later they removed instant saving :) price is now $192.

demidrol said:
Well anyone who seen my posts knows i'm in need of memory. Now all my parts arrived and all I need is to get some memory. Please tell me which one of these to order, and I want to order ASAP.

OCZ 2GB DDR PC-4000 (500MHz) Gold Gamer eXtreme

G.SKILL Extreme Series 2GB (2 x 1GB)

Mushkin 991483 2GB Kit DDR500 XP4000 Xtreme Performance Memory

All have great deals on it, except Mushkin is out of stock.

It will go with Tforce6100 s754 that I also bought.
I vote Mushkin. Great mem and there are plenty of people on the forums for support.

I got a set of the OCZ 2GB DDR PC-4000 (500MHz) Gold Gamer eXtreme. I couldn't get them to go above 265MHz no matter what voltage/timings I tried. Sometimes it's just luck of the draw. :shrug: . . .

But for $150 after rebate that's an awesome deal! I got mine for $200 after rebate. :bang head . . . I think that makes the OCZ a better "bang for the buck" than the G.Skill. right now

I have been looking at the same three choices and I seem to change my first choice every time I look at these. When I am ready to buy, I will probably get the best deal at the time.
I have 2x512 Mushkin PC4000 redlines now that I can sell to offset the cost. (2-2-2-5 at 255 MHz) so the price difference is not so much of a problem.

plus we are always here to tech support and help with any questions you may have. we can show you how to config your systerm for stable performance u are trying to get to also. we hand test every one of these modules on 5 racks of 20 mobos each running at a time. we bin every chip that is on the board to get u guys what u need. heck when i was in denver brian got some parts to run 255 2-2-2 but not stable. these were the ce5 parts. his last batch ran pretty consistent at various overclocked speed.

Duonger

fabulouscoops said:
I have been looking at the same three choices and I seem to change my first choice every time I look at these. When I am ready to buy, I will probably get the best deal at the time.
yep, that's the way to go! any one of those should clock more or less the same. i wish i'd gotten those gskills while they were super cheap instead of these mediocre teamgroup cronus. :bang head

Back