• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Review My CyberPower Build + Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Knu, we aren't talking about you or me. It's a guy that has no idea of the direction a USB connection connects on a mobo, what an SATA port looks like etc. Or even what a fan connection on a mobo looks like much less the diff in a 8 pin Mobo PSU vs a 8 pin PCI connector is. That can let the smoke out.

Hour or two. Right.
^This.

In the future I may build my own, as it does sound and look like a fun and beneficial experience. However, nowadays isn't a good time for me to build one so I'd rather get this computer and perhaps build another in the future or upgrade this computer over time and learn that way.

Thanks for your input Conumdrum. :D

Knu, we aren't talking about you or me. It's a guy that has no idea of the direction a USB connection connects on a mobo, what an SATA port looks like etc. Or even what a fan connection on a mobo looks like much less the diff in a 8 pin Mobo PSU vs a 8 pin PCI connector is. That can let the smoke out.

Hour or two. Right.

I teach a class, most kids (mostly 9th and 10th graders) finish in about an hour or two with a pair of extra hands and some videos from Newegg.

I teach a class, most kids (mostly 9th and 10th graders) finish in about an hour or two with a pair of extra hands and some videos from Newegg.

You do? You're creating competition? Lul, you should teach em to lay the case on its side, then they wont need extra hands =P

You do? You're creating competition? Lul, you should teach em to lay the case on its side, then they wont need extra hands =P

They do xP. Extra hands still help, one person taking care of the motherboard while the other puts drives in, etc. And in general, aftermarket heatsinks are MUCH easier with an extra pair of hands.

I wish I had a teacher who taught me how to build a computer... >o>

I wish I had a teacher who taught me how to build a computer... >o>
Youtube. Plenty of them out there, you should know this... especially for you young bucks... EVERYTHING is at your finger tips. Though admitedly, I work better hands on than just by looking, but if its in front of me, and I have directions, its on.

In fact, I tore apart a car motor and put it back together from a Chilton's manual... thats it (yes it worked when I was done). Prior to that, I did brakes, oil changes, easy stuff (read, swap ram, GPUs, before I built a PC).

http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...0.174.899.13j2.15.0...0.0...1ac.1.aV8Z7TMpbQg

I've seen tons of "How-To" videos on YouTube but sometimes it's just not the same of having someone next to you and showing you the ropes.

Anywho, does anyone know what I should do with my computer after I check over the insides for any faults (what drivers to update, etc). I was planning on downloading all the windows updates first, restarting, then downloading firefox, putting my profile in it from a flash drive, updating my GPU's driver and downloading iTurbo, downloading either MSE or setting up the Avast!/Comodo Firewall combination, downloading other programs, then OCing the GPU, etc. It's a long list of things to do...

I'll probably end up OCing the CPU sooner or later after I get a bunch of things done. And if I'm going to OC my CPU (I'm planning on OCing it to either 4.2 or 4.3GHz depending on the temperatures), should I update the mobo's BIOS or can I just leave it as-is and OC it? Would it make any difference updating the BIOS?

Chipset driver, gpu driver, reboot. If u have ssd, run windows experience index, then install drivers from mobo websiteand you need, then let windows work its update magic.

Chipset driver, gpu driver, reboot. If u have ssd, run windows experience index, then install drivers from mobo websiteand you need, then let windows work its update magic.
Correct me if I'm wrong but...first I have to go download CPU-Z and update my chipset (BIOS?) and the newest graphics driver for my GPU? Then after that I should reboot and update the mobo's driver?

Also, why would I need to run WEI if I have an SSD?

Last edited:
Cpuz has nothing to do with chipset drivers and chipset drivers are not the bios.

You run wei to so your ox knows it has an ssd. It shuts off defrag among other things.

Cpuz has nothing to do with chipset drivers and chipset drivers are not the bios.

You run wei to so your ox knows it has an ssd. It shuts off defrag among other things.
Oh I thought it did. I read that you can use CPUz to detect what version your BIOS/chipset is so that's why I mentioned it. Should I update the BIOS in addition to the chipset then? And how do I update the chipset?

Also, what do you mean by "It shuts off defrag among other things"?

Windows defrag runs like once a week by default, and defragmenting a solid state drive will destroy it over time.

Running the Windows Experience Index test will make windows disable those spinning-disk-only features, if it hasn't already done so.

Oh I thought it did. I read that you can use CPUz to detect what version your BIOS/chipset is so that's why I mentioned it. Should I update the BIOS in addition to the chipset then? And how do I update the chipset?

Also, what do you mean by "It shuts off defrag among other things"?
I suppose it does show the bios version, but then again, the bios shows what version its running... but just go to your mobo's website and DL the chipset drivers, audio drivers, and lan drivers to start. Then you can install the rest if needed (a lot of them are not).

like /dev said, it will disable things that need disabled for SSD's. :thup:

OP:

Buy the PC. Use it, it will work fine when you get it.

Updating the bios, GPU drivers, shoe size won't ruin your massive purchase.

IT WILL WORK, you have a warrenty.

These things we mention are great to expand your horizon and your need to learn more. Learning is good. You want to overclock and do all these things, good for you.

Get the darned box and read, hang out, play games, and if you want to use the PC for learning besids games and other uses, so be it.

The PC you buy will play games, have a good enough bios, the GPU will be fine. As you learn then you learn. It's at your pace. In 3 years you ain't done squat to improve the PC with drivers etc (won't make much diff for your needs) and you need a new PC buy another. Most do this.

It's the no hobby method, but LOTS better than buying a DELL etc. I see no problem with your method. It will be a fast PC and you will be happy.

The hobby part is up to you. Your Cyber sytem is good stuff.

My bios on my mobo has been fine for years. I have never upgraded. Or overclocked my CPU. Or GPUs. I play games fine. Not playing games a lot anymore tho. Metro might be an issue on my system.

Read my sig. Your setup is better than mine.

Just get it, you'll be happy, if you want to learn, then spend time but get the darn thing.

I suppose it does show the bios version, but then again, the bios shows what version its running... but just go to your mobo's website and DL the chipset drivers, audio drivers, and lan drivers to start. Then you can install the rest if needed (a lot of them are not).

like /dev said, it will disable things that need disabled for SSD's. :thup:
Ah OK thanks. So I won't need to update the BIOS (if I want to OC). Just the chipset drivers? And for the LAN driver do you mean the one on-board or the separate one I have in the build that isn't on-board.
And after downloading and installing the chipset, audio, LAN, and GPU drivers, that's all I'll need right? Then I can do windows update and OC.

OP:

Buy the PC. Use it, it will work fine when you get it.

Updating the bios, GPU drivers, shoe size won't ruin your massive purchase.

IT WILL WORK, you have a warrenty.

These things we mention are great to expand your horizon and your need to learn more. Learning is good. You want to overclock and do all these things, good for you.

Get the darned box and read, hang out, play games, and if you want to use the PC for learning besids games and other uses, so be it.

The PC you buy will play games, have a good enough bios, the GPU will be fine. As you learn then you learn. It's at your pace. In 3 years you ain't done squat to improve the PC with drivers etc (won't make much diff for your needs) and you need a new PC buy another. Most do this.

It's the no hobby method, but LOTS better than buying a DELL etc. I see no problem with your method. It will be a fast PC and you will be happy.

The hobby part is up to you. Your Cyber sytem is good stuff.

My bios on my mobo has been fine for years. I have never upgraded. Or overclocked my CPU. Or GPUs. I play games fine. Not playing games a lot anymore tho. Metro might be an issue on my system.

Read my sig. Your setup is better than mine.

Just get it, you'll be happy, if you want to learn, then spend time but get the darn thing.
That's exactly what I was going to do! :D
I'm just really curious on what I should do when I get it and I want it to be as fast as possible/not have an error due to me not having the right drivers.

Back