• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Remote fanbus

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Draxin

Registered
first off im tierd so my spelling is guna suck and i dont feel like bothering with the spell checker so please forgive me.

i have a new design im putting together for a fan bus card that conectd via paralel cable to a box that sits on your desk. the box has four switches to control 8 fans. either 4pin or 3 pin and the switches are 3 position so up is 12V mid is off and down is 7V. and on the front of the box is a temp display. This all conects to a non main bus comunication card (meaning it does not interact with your motherboard) to distribute power and a central conection point for your fans.

the only part that actully goes in the case is a simple power distribution board. Ill have some pics of the proto soon, the only proto i have at the moment is missing the temp display.

lil black box with 4 three position switches sticking out of the top of the box, forward turn the switch red and runs its group of fans at 12V pull the switch back toward you turns the switch green and runs its group of fans at 7V put the switch in middel to turn it off.

the great thing about this is you dont have to rewire your fans to get 12V or 7V and even if you have your fans wired for 7V now thats cool cuse i have it layed out so it doesnt matter (almost +12v "red Wire has to be in the first position) what the fan is wired for. Each switch can control 4 fans, i only sugest running 2 per switch but each switch is wired to 2 molex 4 pin connectors and 2 3pin connectors. the desk top box links to the dis. card via paralell cable.

hope this helps i will have some pics up when i have the first gen (first unit after proto stages) done.

The remote box will use standered paralel cable. if you would like more info let me know. if you have any ideas on how to improve this idea let me know. if maybe you would like to test one for me (wait for it) LET ME KNOW. well im about to fall asleep on my keyboard so im outa here.

Draxin Riley

[email protected]

what noone is evenr curios??? (sorry i cant spell worth POOP)

well if thats what you want i dont think it could be THAT hard to do we are talking like remote as in something like the TV control right?

i dont think it could be all that hards ill see what i can do

Back