• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opterons really do own

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Scar

well after dealing with two 4400's that o/c'd like crap i made the switch to a 170 and i couldn't be happier. :attn: :attn: and this is with the ihs still on.
Opty_2.jpg

Very nice work with the over clock, Wish I could get my proc to those speeds on the stock voltage and I even have the same steppings as you.

wow very nice.... i want an opty so bad...just want throw my prescot off a bridge and get an opty lol. Nice o/c btw

Thanks All. I'm extremely pleased so far. No AM2 for me it looks like. Prob hold out for AM3.

synthetic_fenix said:
Very nice work with the over clock, Wish I could get my proc to those speeds on the stock voltage and I even have the same steppings as you.

They say it's luck of the draw. i dunno but if that's the case it's about time some luck came my way. Two 4400's, i tried out a 150 and none of them oc'd for ****!
One thing i have notice though is that the opterons definately run hotter than any other s939. Heck, 30c idle and 43c load on water with 1.36v is definately not the norm. I'm sure the IHS has something to do with that but with the clocks i'm getting removing isn't a priority for me atm.

synthetic_fenix said:
Maybe it's that ASUS? :shrug:

Zebbo said:
Opterons can do nice clock for the CPU side but for the memory testing they are awful.
Mem bandwidth is pretty much on par with my old 4400. Not sure what you were refering to. Scar

thats strange scar my opty 170 at 2.6ghz and 1.45 volts is only 28 idle and 40 load on air

very nice man - my friend just got a opty 180 and it pulls 2.9ghz 24/7 stable at 1.45v w/ water... amazing chips these are

greenshift said:
thats strange scar my opty 170 at 2.6ghz and 1.45 volts is only 28 idle and 40 load on air

what mobo is that on?

greenshift said:
hmm, oh well....i guess ya can't have it all. I'll take the elevated temps for the better clocks. I know taking off the lid will help load temps alot but i'm not ready to pop her cherry just yet. :santa:

evancold said:
nice overclock Scar :D
you too buddy, pimpin that 165 @ 2880 (9x320) 1.39V :attn:

Back