• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BF2 Boot Camp! Train me!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maviryk

Hey guys,
I have a LAN party on the 29th and they'll be playing BF2 for the most part. What is the best way of learning how to play against other players. I haven't played though the single player maps as much, but I'd like to get better at player versus player and from past experience, computers aren't as challenging as humans.

I'm more of a ranged person, I.E. sniper, and a vehicle person. I have the Logitech Extreme3d controller (had the wireless version, but opted for wired because it had more buttons.) I'd like to learn how to fly well since I love aircraft and I haven't use my joystick as nearly enough as I should (never bought any FlightSims.)

So, thoughts? Suggestions? I have 16000/933 down/up to play with.

that sounds about right. its just practice really. theres no 'quick guide' to bf2. its best to know ur weapons, so id find a server that has got afew people in and just keep trying out the weapons.

Maviryk said:
Hey guys,
I have a LAN party on the 29th and they'll be playing BF2 for the most part. What is the best way of learning how to play against other players. I haven't played though the single player maps as much, but I'd like to get better at player versus player and from past experience, computers aren't as challenging as humans.

I'm more of a ranged person, I.E. sniper, and a vehicle person. I have the Logitech Extreme3d controller (had the wireless version, but opted for wired because it had more buttons.) I'd like to learn how to fly well since I love aircraft and I haven't use my joystick as nearly enough as I should (never bought any FlightSims.)

So, thoughts? Suggestions? I have 16000/933 down/up to play with.
stop sniping, use guns that take skill, learn the maps perfectly, and practice for several hundred hours.

Thats sooo funny "use guns that take skill" Hmmm sniping is way more skill than you think. Try sniping from long range like real snipers in other games do.

All single player maps are the same as multi except by size, they either are really large(64) or small (16) or somewhere in between.

I just go in and kill people. Just jump into a server. I started with 32, then eventually got up to 64 and other levels. depends on what type of play you want. 64 can be brutal as bullets are everywhere. eventually you'll learn what guns you perform better with. i prefer the stronger auto gun. i get trigger happy. haha. anyways, if you wanna get killed sometime, look me up or contact me.

Well, I'm earning my wings. After countless crashes I've figured out how to take off and land in a Huey. I think is was some Dam map. Now I'm practicing hovering and straffing in the Apache, still crashing a lot in the attack helicopter though.

Which map for lots of fighter jets?

Wake island is good for a flying map, I've been on there a lot of times. But the key thing is if you want to be a good plane pilot, you gotta have a joystick.... My clanmate always complains on me being able to shoot him down so easy because I have a joystick and he flies by keyboard. Just remember to try to stay high until you go on those bomb runs because AA is pretty horrid on that map.

I can honestly guarantee that that lan party will be played on strike at karkand :p

Back